Welcome to www.soss.com. (SOSS® Door Hardware) This page states the terms and conditions (Terms) under which you may use this site. If you do not accept the Terms, you are not authorized to use this web site. By accessing or using this site, you agree to these Terms. SOSS® Door Hardware may change, revise or update the Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms because they are binding on you. The terms "you" refers to all individuals or entities accessing this site for any reason.
1. Use of Site. We provide information about our products and services and certain other third party information on this site. This site is provided at no charge for convenience only and SOSS® Door Hardware does not warrant the accuracy of the information in this site. Information may be changed or updated without notice. SOSS® Door Hardware may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and services described in this site at any time without notice. Any information contained in this site does not represent a commitment on the part of SOSS® Door Hardware in the future. SOSS® Door Hardware may need to take the web site down or otherwise make in unavailable due to scheduled, preventative, required or emergency maintenance, repairs, abnormal usage, updates or other changes.
2. System Integrity. In accessing or using this web site, you agree that you will not a) interfere, damage or attempt to interfere with or damage the proper working of this site or service or its infrastructure, host or network; b) use any device, software, routine, malicious code, repeated "hacks" or "attacks" bot, spider, virus or other similar item on or in the site or its infrastructure, host or network; c) impose or attempt to impose any unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this web site or its infrastructure, host or network, including limitation, spamming, overloading, mailbombing, denial of service attacks, "spam", crashing, phreaking or other unsolicited overload techniques; d) use this web site to send advertising, promotions, solicitations, viruses or other information to other users or persons; e) submit, post or transmit through or to this web site any information which defames, invades privacy, is threatening, harassing, abusive, racist, sexist, sexually explicit, pornographic, profane, indecent, hateful or otherwise objectionable; f) violate any law or encourage or advocate conduct which would violate any law, infringe upon the rights of others or give rise to civil liability; or g) modify, remove, delete or copy any part of this this web site without pre-approval from SOSS® Door Hardware.
We do allow users to print in whole or part our SOSS Door Hardware catalog, including photos, graphs and charts, descriptions, installation instructions, CAD Drawings if by doing so this aids them in the use of our product. With permission, we allow customers to link to our web site and part of their overall offering of products and services.
3. Intellectual Property. This site, its content, design and graphics an all intellectual property rights associated therewith are owned by SOSS® Door Hardware, a division of Universal Industrial Products, Inc.. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to view and access a single copy of this site for use as a resource for your personal use only and for no other purpose. Any other use is prohibited. You may not copy (other than set forth above) reproduce, reverse engineer, modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create, derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of this site, in whole or part. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, graphics, and logos (collectively, the "Marks") are owned by SOSS® Door Hardware and its affiliates or by owners that have granted SOSS® Door Hardware the right and license to use such marks. SOSS® Door Hardware prohibits your use of any Marks contained in this site.
4. Disclaimer. The sie and its content, including without limitation, text, graphics, and links, are provided "AS IS" and without warranties. To the extent transferable, SOSS® Door Hardware transfers any manufacturer’s warranties to you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, SOSS® Door Hardware disclaims all representations and warranties, whether express or implied. SOSS® Door Hardware specifically disclaims implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, fitness for an intended use and non-infringement. SOSS® Door Hardware does not warrant or represent that access to or use of the site or the server which makes it available will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. This site may contain typographical errors and SOSS® Door Hardware is not liable for such errors. You expressly agree that the use of the site is at your own risk.
5. Limitation of Liability. SOSS® Door Hardware is not liable or responsible for any infections, contaminations, delays in operation or transmission, line failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, lack of availability, or defects arising out of your use of the site or with respect to the material provided or contained in this site. In no event is SOSS® Door Hardware liable to you for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential damages, direct, exemplary, punitive or other damages of any kind, resulting from whatever cause, including but not limited loss of use, loss of revenues or profits, loss of data or loss of business opportunity, even if SOSS® Door Hardware knew, should have known or is or was advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence or any other theory, arising out of or in connection the use, inability to use or performance of the information services, products and materials available from the site or otherwise. Without limiting the above, SOSS® Door Hardware’s cumulative liability to you will not exceed the greater of the fees paid to us y you during the 12 months prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or $500. You specifically agree that SOSS® Door Hardware is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. SOSS® Door Hardware is not liable for our supplier’s performance or lack of performance or late or missed delivery dates. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use the site. Some jurisdictions may not permit disclaimers or limitations set forth herein, in which case SOSS® Door Hardware’s liabilities are limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential prupose of any limited remedy.
6. Submissions. You shall not submit, post or transit to, through or with this site any content of materials which; a) is unlawful, constitutes, advocates or encourages conduct that is a criminal offense, could give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law; b) infringes upon any intellectual property right or other right of any entity or person, including without limitation, any copyright or trademark; c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; d) contains a virus or other harmful component; or e) otherwise violates the Terms. You are solely responsible for any information, communication or material you submit to this site and you, not SOSS® Door Hardware, have full responsibility for such information, communication or material, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality or copyright.
7. Links and External Sites. This site may contain from time to time links or pointers to other sites owned and operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). By using such a link, you agree that SOSS® Door Hardware does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the Linked Sites, availability of such sites, or the actions or omissions of its owners or operators. You access such Linked Sites at your own risk. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for such Linked Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content thereof.
8. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. The site has been created and is owned and operated by SOSS® Door Hardware, a division of Universal Industrial Products, Inc., from its offices at 1 Coreway Drive, Pioneer, OH 43554. SOSS® Door Hardware makes no representations that the materials in the site are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Accessing this web site from territories where the contents are illegal are prohibited. Those who access this site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws. The laws of the State of Ohio shall govern this site, these terms and conditions and any dispute related thereto, without regard to conflict or choice of law rules. Use of this site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all of these Terms without limitation this paragraph.
9. Arbitration. Any controversy, dispute or claim brought by you against SOSS® Door Hardware, or its parent company, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, suppliers, representatives shall be resolved by binding arbitrations in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy, dispute or claim brought by you shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall be consolidated with any other controversy, dispute or claim. The arbitration shall be conducted in Toledo, OH, USA and judgment on the arbitration sward may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and SOSS® Door Hardware with respect to this site and it supersedes all prior agreements between you and SOSS® Door Hardware with respect to this site. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any court proceedings as a business record generated and maintained in printed form.
11. Severability. In any of these Terms is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision(s) will be severed from this Agreement. The remaining Terms shall remain in full force and effect as if such severed provision(s) was(were) never a part of these Terms.
12. Termination. SOSS® Door Hardware may terminate or suspend your right to use or access this site immediately, without a notice, in the sole discretion of SOSS® Door Hardware. If you fail to comply with the Terms, if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you supply or release to us, or for any conduct that is harmful to the interests of another user, third-party provider, or SOSS® Door Hardware or its merchants, suppliers or customers. In the event of such termination, you are no longer authorized to access any portion of this site.